Did you know it takes only 3-5 seconds for someone to form a first impression?
Have you ever wondered what impression YOU are creating?
Here at StarWorks, we focus on helping our Guests obtain and maintain employment, simply by using our unique WOW! Magic. With such a large pool of talent and skills that our wonderful Guests continue to provide, it’s hard for us to keep our excitement in.
Do you look confident, trustworthy and approachable?
Do you look stressed, indecisive, overwhelmed or unreliable?
Take a few minutes to think about how you may come across to others, then read through our five tips and determine ways you can change or improve your image to make a more positive, WOW! first impression:
1) Check your Clothes. Are your clothes appropriate for where you’re interviewing? Do your homework! Find out what most of the employees wear, then dress a notch ahead of what you see!
*If you see button down shirts, guys; wear a button down shirt with a Tie and sports jacket!*
2) “Listen” to Yourself. Do you speak clearly, professionally and at an appropriate pace when first meeting someone? Ask a friend to role-play and look for ways you can improve on your first impression.
3) Don’t Forget Non-Verbal Communication. Do you shake hands like a like a limp fish? Practice shaking hands firmly and making good eye contact to make sure you aren’t doing anything that could damage a good first impression.
4) Check your Attitude. Do you smile when first meeting someone, even if you’re busy and have other things on your mind? Are you focusing on that person and giving them your full attention? If not, you might be harming your image.
5) Evaluate your “Look” (hair, make-up, cleanliness, etc.). Does your hair (and make-up, if female) project the image you want? If not, maybe it’s time to sit down with a friend and create a different look.
SO, What Kind of Impression are YOU Making?