An exciting opportunity to join our creative, energetic, dedicated team of professionals!
American Training is seeking a Registered Nurse in Day Habilitation and (16) Specialized Housing locations throughout the Merrimack Valley. In this role, you will coordinate the provision of residential health care supports through training, monitoring required medical services, interfacing with various health care providers and coordinating essential follow-up.
You will assist the HCS in assessments, trainings, interface and coordination of care with various Health Care Professionals and documentation to insure compliance with applicable regulations. Demonstrates commitment to the Team process and advocates for the Guests/Residents served to assure a level of care consistent with best practices incorporating the WOW principles
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for the Residents we serve, to assure that they are receiving a level of care consistent with best practices while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
- Travels to various Day Habilitation/Specialized Housing sites of American Training as determined by Director of Nurses.
- Participates in the training and orientation of newly hired nurses as directed by Health Care Services.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and health related procedures.
- Provides assessment and direct nursing care to Guests as prescribed by their Health Care Provider in both Day Hab (during temporary absence of LPN/RN) and Specialized Housing settings.
- Communicates medical changes/needs/concerns of the guests/ residents to Program Manager, Director of Nurses, VP of Clinical, VP of Specialized Housing through a variety of media.
- Coordinates medical supports including emergency treatment as required for the guests/residents served.
- Alerts Health Care Supervisor of need for new supplies as necessary.
- Maintains medication security and dispenses medications/ treatments as prescribed by the Health Care Professionals. Completes the required medication documentation in a timely, accurate fashion.
- Ensures all Health Care Professional orders are current, accurate, and transcribed monthly on to new medication sheets.
- Ensures an adequate supply of Guest’s medication is on hand including PRNs in acceptable containers.
- Suggests and assists in development/implementation of new trainings/programs for Guests and Colleagues.
- Assists in training Colleagues and other team members in the special needs/ medical issues of the Guests.
- Obtain reports and treatment plans from primary care physicians.
- Assists in completion of all required assessments in a timely manner,Assists in quality checks on program to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Advises Director of Nurses of any medical problems that may hinder a Guest’s progress or that may aggravate an existing condition by program activities
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze, evaluate, problem-solve and prioritize.Attends all required trainings and meetings.
- Adheres to federal and state standards of privacy in all communications and written documentation.
- Maintains Health care records in compliance with HIPAA regulations and safeguards confidentiality of medical information.
- Coordinate the provision of health care supports though training, monitoring required medical services and coordinating essential follow-up.
- Episodic documentation on SharePoint related to Resident’s medical care, assessments and communication of health care needs.
- Assists in the development and education of Colleagues to Resident specific protocols.
- Accompanies residents to Health Care Professional/Specialist visits as requested.
- Conducts trainings and related competencies as assigned by Director of Nurses.
- Conducts medication audits per schedule. Monitors individual Colleagues’ medication passes for competency and compliance with MAP regulations.
- Provides 1:1 preparatory MAP training, test tutoring, on an as needed basis, for Residential Colleagues.
- Assists in Maintenance of Health Care records on HCSIS.
- Completes Safety Assessments i.e., Falls Assessments, Self-Medication Assessments.
- Monitors wound care and compliance with recommended interventions.
- Performs resident specific treatments requiring licensed person. Completes all required documentation.
- Provides health/wellness counseling services and training to Residents/ Colleagues to promote a safe, healthy living environment.
- Complies with Mass Health regulations for all Resident’s medical documentation and works closely with the Director of Nurses and Residential Manager to ensure quality of program goals and objectives.
Requirements: Registered Nurse Degree with a Massachusetts Nursing License in good standing, preferably with a minimum of 2 years experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. One year related experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Knowledge of MAP (a plus) and one year of Developmental Services experience. Valid driver’s license required, as is the use of a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and satisfactory CORI. This is a 30 to 35 hour a week position.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, short and long-term disability,life insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more! If you are interested, please send your resume with cover letter.