American Training, Inc. is seeking a full-time Community Support Colleague to carry out the day to-day activities of the day program, including programming, community activities, data collection, record keeping, and caring for the personal needs of the Guests. This individual works with Guests to assist them in becoming active participants in the community, monitors and provides support and supervision, ensuring their safety. The Community Support Colleague teaches, trains, guides and directs Guests individually and in groups to reinforce skills, learn new skills and to increase independence for attainment of ISP goals. They regularly observe Guests’ behavior and performance and provides reports, updates and general observations to the Program Director and Interdisciplinary Team.
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
- High School Diploma/ GED, minimum of one year of experience with people with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate paperwork necessary for mandated record keeping.
- Use the highest standard of ethical conduct at all times, this includes respecting the confidentiality of Colleagues and Guests.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Participate in workplace climate that celebrates and encourages diversity.
- Positively promote the image of Guests with Developmental Disabilities and American Training, Inc.
- Maintain an excellent training record by positively completing all training requirements.
- A valid driver’s license, the use of a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and a satisfactory CORI are required.
- Frequent walking, standing and driving. Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds. Must be able to sustain in a fast paced environment with a high energy level. Must be able to physically implement First Aid/CPR to Guests in response to an emergency situation and or the implementation of a Treatment Plan.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday from 7 am – 3 pm (Wakefield location).
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!