This is an exceptional opportunity for an HR Generalist who is friendly, enthusiastic and creative and who can make a positive impact in supporting our unique WOW! Magic Culture. In this role, you’ll help us to provide exceptional customer service to over 310 amazing Colleagues throughout the organization while supporting our mission of Bringing Out the Best in Everyone We Touch, Because Every Life Matters. In this role you will be responsible for applying business knowledge and HR expertise while performing a wide range of functions to provide excellence in service. You’ll play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship with Colleagues. This position carries out responsibilities in these functional areas: employee relations, recruiting & hiring, benefits administration, leave administration and policy implementation.
We are looking for someone that has a passion for people, collaboration, energy to go the extra mile, and embraces our unique WOW! Magic culture in the development of human resource programs in line with our creative and fun work environment.
Employee Relations, Recruiting, Hiring, Retention
- Partner with VP, People & Culture & team to develop and implement programs aligned with our HR strategies.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Effectively corresponds with candidates during the recruitment process. Track recruiting efforts and candidate information for monthly updates to management.
- Ensure compliance with pre-employment background checks (CORI) according to state laws, reference checks, and other requirements, Partner with HR team to ensure a WOW! Magic onboarding experience for all new Colleagues.
- Supports People & Culture in implementing and administering Colleague Recognition programs, such as WOW! Magic Moments awards and annual Colleague Recognition to help improve the Colleague experience.
- Fosters positive employee relations and proactively work with managers to resolve issues and partner and advise management on decisions effecting Colleagues. Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
Benefits, Unemployment and Leaves
- Manages administration of benefits and coordination of annual open enrollment, including claims resolution, and communicating benefits information to Colleagues.
- Administers and tracks FMLA and PFML and monitors all leave activity communicating with Colleague to ensure consistent communication. Manages the PFML administration of the program with the state of Massachusetts.
- Complete offer letters, separation notices and manage unemployment through our vendor UTMC.
- Coordinates a variety of other HR related programs and or projects and serves on various committees as assigned; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the human resources field; maintains awareness of federal, state and local regulations and impact of changes on the company.
- Provide support in the processing of payroll.
- Partner with team to assess and recommend new approaches to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Policies and Compliance
- Assists in development and implementation of Colleague policies and procedures and partners with VP, People & Culture to maintain Colleague handbook. Train Colleagues and Managers proactively on HR policies and best practices.
- Works closely with the VP of People & Culture on daily HR matters and issues.
- Participates on various committees to ensure HR compliance for such certifications as CARF and DDS Survey and Certification.
- 3-4 years of HR Generalist experience.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Payroll experience a plus.
- A high degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage a high volume workload and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to complete assignments
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- PHR or SPHR Certification a plus!
Customer Focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction within ATI and externally with business partners, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant.
Respect/Integrity: Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Respects and Maintains confidentiality.
Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
Cultural Awareness: Demonstrates a general awareness and understanding of and respect for cultural differences.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, long, and short-term disability options, retirement savings program, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, FUN work environment, and much more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
We follow all CDC protocols to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for our Colleagues and Residents.