July 20th, 2016
The Time is Now!
Have you ever wished you could communicate more effectively? Or wondered how to best support an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder? Or wanted to be better at using Microsoft Excel?
Things tend to slow down during the summer months, making this a great time to try something new, set a goal for your career development, and take learning into your own hands.
Where Should I Start?
Did you know that as a Colleague at American Training you have access to over 600 courses through the Relias Learning Management System – all available to you, 24/7 at no cost?
The Relias LMS offers interactive, high-quality training that is web-based and can be done at your own pace. It can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.
How Do I Use Relias?
You can log into Relias here with your username and password. If you don’t remember your username or password, click here and enter your last name and American Training email address. Then check your American Training email account to retrieve your login information.
If you need any further assistance using Relias you can contact the Training Department:
Danielle LaPointe: firstname.lastname@example.org or 97-685-2151 x6850
Donny Wise: email@example.com or 978-685-2151 x6852
Our Top Five
Here’s a list of five courses our Training Department team has recently completed in order of what we liked best. Check them out!
- High-Performing Teams: Achieving Excellence (1 hr.) Are you a team leader? Do you know how to assess and motivate your team in order to achieve success? In this training you will identify where your team and its members are functioning in relation to competence (ability) and commitment (motivation), and learn how to adapt and flex your leadership style and apply cutting-edge motivation approaches in order to unblock your team’s potential for high-performance.
- Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorder for Paraprofessionals (1 hr.15 min. Tip: Consider completing a longer course in smaller sections. For example, you could break this 1 hr. and 15 min. training into 15 minutes per day for 5 days.) In this training you will meet 5 individuals of varying ages who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). You will be introduced to some of the key characteristics of ASD and explore scenarios where you can experiment with different strategies of working with someone with ASD, based on their individual abilities, interests, and challenges.
- Working with Difficult People (15 min.) Personality clashes, communication breakdowns, and conflicting work habits are all factors that can make it difficult to work with certain people. In this course you will identify ways to improve relationships with co-workers by understanding differences and communicating clearly, understand how to calmly address misunderstandings before they blow up, and learn ways to professionally remove yourself from a situation when necessary.
- Stress Management in the Workplace (15 min.) Some stress can be healthy, but how much is too much? In this course you will have the opportunity to assess your stress, identify triggers, and develop a personalized stress management plan.
- Time Management (15 min.) Do you struggle with procrastination? Do you know how to handle unexpected disruptions like phone calls or emergency meetings? In this short and highly interactive course, you will learn techniques to recognize the most common “slippery slope” moments and identify strategies to overcome them.
Tell us what you think!
We asked our Colleagues to enroll in and complete one of the 5 courses recommended here and tell us what they thought of it by posting a quick review of the course in the comments section below, with three $25 Amazon Gift Cards at stake.
Thank you to all who posted reviews! Congratulations to our winners:
Jonathan Auclair, Stephanie Van Amburgh, and Robin Lamoureaux
Leave a Reply