An exciting opportunity to join our creative, energetic, dedicated team of professionals!
American Training, Inc is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant in our Andover location. In this role, you will work with Residential and Day Program Colleagues to reconcile cash and debit card accounts and to generate accurate reports for Vice Presidents. Additionally, you will assist the Comptroller in monthly closing. We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for the people we serve while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
Who’s a great fit for the Staff Accountant position? American Training is looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and fiscal policies, particularly those appropriate to non- profit agencies.
- Knowledge of accounting software and automated spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of non- profit accounting.
- Ability to relate well to others both on an individual basis and in a group.
- Ability to teach and consult with program Colleagues and administration on matters of finance, accounting and related topics effectively.
- Must be well organized and process good time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to prioritize assignments on work under stress.
- Three to five years in Accounting.
Assist Comptroller in monthly closing General Ledger journal for:
- Maintain and reconcile Pre-paid Expense accounts,
- Recurring entries posted to G/L
- Occupancy allocations for, 6 Campanelli Drive. Wakefield, Lowell & Chelsea
- Homes of Care (I, II, III) Deposit Escrow Maintenance
- Santander bank reconciliations for Rep Payee checking accounts
- Assist with Section 8 reporting to Housing Authorities
- Fringe Benefits allocations by department
- Download DTA food stamps from EBT cards and maintain Food Stamps spreadsheet
- Enter Business Office petty cash on G/L
- Administrator for ELAN One Card system
- Input unemployment claims on G/L
- Complete and distribute Rent Invoices for Residents for whom ATI is not Rep Payee. Maintain recurring Rent entries in Accounts Receivable
- Assist with the filing of related bookkeeping information, as directed by the Comptroller and Chief Financial Officer
- Hold in privacy, except to appropriate personnel, all information gathered during the course of carrying out job responsibilities
- Maintain proper care of material and equipment assigned to Finance Branch
- Participate on various committees with American Training, Inc.
- Implement the Mission of American Training, Inc. – “To Bring Out the Best in Everyone We Touch because LIFE Matters!” and live the Value Statement
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Comptroller and Chief Financial Officer
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!
Join our team of talented professionals and work at one of the Best Places to Work North of Boston. Experience Our WOW! Magic Way of Working by being part of the people, the culture, the fun, and the passion for excellence that is American Training.