We are seeking an energetic Community Support Colleague that can create WOW! Magic for our Guests. If you have a passion for people, can make good decisions, and love being out in the Community, this is the job for you. The hours are 8-4, Monday through Friday!
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
- Create and implement Mobile CBDS weekly schedules. Solicit input from the Guests to create schedules that are meaningful and relevant to them
- Ensure to implement the true CBDS Mobile model: ensuring the activities are meaningful and include, job exploration, cultural events, recreational activities and physical exercise each week.
- Follow the CBDS Mobile model of maintaining all activities in the community.
- Implement curriculum weekly during job skills and other groups done in the community.
- Ensure readiness when inclement weather or other obstacles disrupt the planned schedule and have a “plan B” for the day
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision throughout the day
- Ensure effective communication with supervisors and Colleagues on a daily basis
- Arrange for job tours and vocational activities for the Guests several times monthly
- Research and attend weekly volunteer opportunities that are of interest to the Guests
- Provide assistance with managing Guests opportunities to work in group settings
- Allow for flexibility with unanticipated changes to the schedule and/or the Guests on your route
- Ensures that documentation for Guest attendance and data for goals are done on a daily basis.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the job coaches assigned to your caseloads (if applicable) to promote job exploration opportunities and assessment planning.
- Oversee the ISP process in conjunction with Supervisor to maintain a caseload of 3-5 Guests which includes ensuring all documentation is completed in a timely manner (Assessments: safety, vocational and other assessments as requested by DDS, datasheets, as well semi-annual and annual progress reports.) Ensures that Guest Confidential Files are maintained in accordance with ATI and DDS requirements.
- Work in conjunction with supervisor to arrange for documentation days in the program in order to complete the necessary filing and paperwork requirements
- Maintain the ATI assigned vehicle by ensuring cleanliness, daily and monthly paperwork and reporting any issues to supervisor
- Utilize the HBSS system (if applicable) in the vehicles to track routes and mileage and report any issues to supervisor if the system is not working.
- Monitors and/or provides support and supervision during community outings with Guests.
- Performs a variety of personal care functions to assist Guests who are unable to care for themselves. This may include toileting, dressing, feeding, or lifting and moving Guests.
- Teaches, trains, guides and directs Guests individually and in groups to reinforce skills, learn new skills and to increase independence for attainment of ISP goals.
- Regularly observes Guests’ behavior and performance and provides reports, updates and general observations to the Program Coordinator.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate paperwork necessary for mandated record keeping.
- Use the highest standard of ethical conduct at all times, this includes respecting the confidentiality of Colleagues and Guests.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Participate in workplace climate that celebrates and encourages diversity.
- Positively promote the image of Guests with Developmental Disabilities and American Training, Inc.
- Maintain an excellent training record by positively completing all training requirements including MAP Certification.
- A valid driver’s license, great driving record, the use of a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and a satisfactory CORI are required.
We offer a competitive benefits package; medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, generous earned time off, paid holidays and vacation, a fun work environment, and much more.