American Training, Inc. is seeking a Part-time Assistant Instructor/Peer Mentor in our Andover, MA location to Provide classroom support to Director and Pre-ETS Colleagues. Works in collaboration with StarWorks Colleagues to plan and implement classroom activities. Provides mentoring and guidance regarding post-secondary education, employment, and independent living. Responsible, friendly, dependable, team player. Demonstrates an obvious passion for the people we serve and puts WOW! Magic into action.
Who’s a great fit for the Assistant Instructor/Peer Mentor? American Training is looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- Works in collaboration with StarWorks Colleague to plan and implement classroom activities
- Utilize excellent communication skills to promote self-advocacy, and leadership skills for students
- Direct and assist students with disability-related questions for future employment
- Provide mentoring and guidance regarding post-secondary education, employment, and independent living
- Assist students with referrals to travel training agents to help promote independent living
- Attends all required trainings and meetings
- Document activities with student curriculum log
- Assist students with applications for post-secondary education or training
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish – English)
- Satisfactory CORI and Fingerprinting required
- Flexible schedule
- Exceptionally strong communication and relationship building skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Good community relations skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!