American Training, Inc . is seeking a full-time Residential Shift Supervisor in our Dracut, MA residential home supporting Adults with Disabilities. In this role, you will assist the Residential Manager in the daily operations of the Program to meet agency standards.
Administrative Duties include but are not limited to:
- On-call responsibilities. As assigned by the Program Manager, VP/Director of Specialized Housing
- Collaborate and assist Program Manager in the daily operations of the Program – Monitor and assist colleagues to ensure that daily operations on shift are completed and meet agency standards.
- Assist and guide Colleagues to complete required documentation on medical, behavioral and community goals from their Individual Support Plan (ISP) and help individuals in their day-to-day life to achieve their goals
- Maintain maximum safety conditions and cleanliness standards at all times within the appropriate areas in accordance with licensing standards and program procedures as outlined by administrative Colleagues. This includes ensuring outside areas are safe and free of snow and ice during winter months to ensure safe evacuation from the house at all times
- Fosters an environment of empowerment and choice for all Residents. Supports, encourages and ensures that personal preferences, goals and aspirations in regard to the pursuit of health and wellness are a part of every individual’s lives on a daily basis.
- Provide support to residents in the maintenance of their homes including such tasks as cooking meals, shopping, cleaning and laundry
- Assist and guide colleagues to implement behavior support plans
- Facilitate contacts and linkages and fosters community membership and facilitates full community integration in accordance with person centered plans
Medical Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to support Residents independently in the community during medical appointments
- Must be able to accurately produce written documentation regarding all appointments using SharePoint, email and medical logs.
- Must be able to communicate with all appropriate residential team members in a timely manner. Email and texting are routine forms of communication. Must follow up after medical appointment is completed and contact Residential Manager with result of appointment.
- Must schedule all necessary follow up appointments.
- Must be knowledgeable of the MAP program. Must be able to access it from each program if needed, be able to locate all forms from the program, update medication sheets by adding new or discontinuing medications.
- Must follow MAP policy and post any new medications on med sheets and leave note for other MAP cert staff to verify.
- Must attend trainings, company-wide meetings and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Able to work with local pharmacies and ensure proper medication supplies, labels and storage for all Resident’s medications.
- Ability to assist Residents in self-care, hygiene and activities of daily living; including assisting in the bathroom, showering and personal self-care.
- During times there may not be a medical appointment, must perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Residential Manager.
- Must always maintain maximum safety standards.
- Proper and professional dress and demeanor required at all times.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people of varied cultural backgrounds who may not speak English as their first language.
- Facilitate contacts and linkages in the local healthcare community to strengthen health and wellness goals as outlined by the treatment team. Fosters community membership and facilitates full community integration with all health care services.
- Accurately and timely records all pertinent medical information. Handles Resident’s medication and health care orders in accordance with American Training, Inc./DPH MAP policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Specialized Housing policy and procedures in regard to development and maintenance of individual health records and clinical/behavioral and health
- Communicate with local pharmacy to ensure proper medication supplies and storage for all program participants.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Residential Manager.
- Provide the necessary transportation for Residents to access all facilities where medical appointments are located.
- Must attend and successfully complete Medication Administration Program, Epi-pen, First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, PAC, MAP, Human Rights and OSHA. Must be able to physically implement First Aid/CPR.
- Must be able to physically implement First aid/CPR to individuals in response to an emergency situation and/or the implementation of a Crisis plan.
- Able to effectively provide emotional and behavioral support to Residents both on a regular basis and in high stress situations. Must be able to effectively utilize verbal de-escalation techniques as well as PAC and PBS.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must possess basic computer skills and be able to use the Sharepoint Log System, email and write progress notes.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with co-workers/Residential Managers and function well in a team
- Must be willing to work flexible hours at various houses.
- Must complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to assure that they are receiving a level of support consistent with best practices while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!